Ceuta: False social media posts fuel migration tensions
Europe • Aug 15, 2026, 12:56 AM
1 min de lecture
False social media posts claiming the Morocco-Ceuta border would open for Spain’s Assumption holiday have prompted migrants to gather near the crossing. Moroccan and Spanish authorities have tightened security after a recent mass influx into Ceuta, while Morocco says those spreading the false claims could face legal action.
Today
Deadly 'double-tap' Russian drone strikes target Ukraine shopping centre
Europe • 6:07 PM
1 min
A pair of Russian drone strikes that hit a shopping centre in the Ukrainian city of Kryvyi Rih Friday killed at least 15 people and wounded scores more, authorities said. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky accused Moscow of targeting emergency worker
Read the article
Does Putin travel without security?
Europe • 4:05 PM
1 min
In order to create an image of Russian President Vladimir Putin as a leader beloved by his people, pro-Russia social media users have been claiming that he travels without a security team, unlike other heads of state. To illustrate this claim, they share
Read the article
Moroccan families travel to Ceuta border in search of missing loved ones
Europe • 2:35 PM
1 min
CEUTA, Spain – Moroccan families are searching for loved ones who left last month for the Spanish enclave of Ceuta during a large wave of migration. Many of them are camping outside the Tarajal border post on the Moroccan side in hopes of obtaining infor
Read the article