Ebola in DR Congo: 'This could be a very bad outbreak,' MSF health worker says
• May 20, 2026, 12:45 AM
1 min de lecture
A vaccination and epidemic response adviser who is about to fly out to DR Congo to try to help in the fight against Ebola has told FRANCE 24 that the signs are the current outbreak will be a serious one. Already more than 130 people have been killed, with over 500 more cases detected. John Johnson is vaccination and epidemic response advisor at MSF and is due to fly to DR Congo on Thursday. He explained that part of the problem is that tests had been carried out for a more common strain of Ebola, so they were coming back negative. He spoke to us in Perspective.
Today
Ebola epidemic in DR Congo is spreading 18 times faster than deadliest outbreak on record
• 10:06 AM
1 min
More than 2,500 people have already died in the Ebola epidemic currently gripping the Democratic Republic of Congo. The UN coordinator for the outbreak has warned that the virus is spreading exponentially – adding that an existing pool of funds is set to
Read the article
DR Congo receives Ebola vaccines in face of 'exponential' outbreak
• 12:47 AM
1 min
The Democratic Republic of Congo has received more than 16,000 doses of an Ebola vaccine, as authorities step up efforts against the ongoing outbreak. More than 2,500 people have already died and health officials from the WHO are warning this epidemic co
Read the article